We all have some favorite ingredients which we try to use quite often in our cooking. One of my favorite ingredients is coconut. I love coconut. And I try to use it in many of the desserts I make. I must have made a handful of cakes which have coconut in it. But this time, I wanted to bake something which is fairly healthy (so no guilt factor while hogging :D) and made with minimum ingredients. I came across this recipe and I knew that it would taste great and I was right!
- Desiccated Coconut – 3 cups
- Eggs – 4 (large) or 6 (small to medium)
- Vanilla Extract – 3 teaspoons
- Orange/pineapple Extract – 2 teaspoons
- Natural Honey – 4 tablespoons (more to make it sweet)
- Mixed dried fruits – 1/2 cup (optional)
- Bicarbonate of Soda – 2 teaspoons
- Preheat the oven to 140 degrees C. Line a loaf tin with a baking paper and keep aside.
- Mix coconut, eggs, vanilla extract, orange/pineapple extract, honey and soda in a food processor or using a hand mixer. Mix well until well combined.
- Add the dried fruits into the batter and fold in gently.
- Pour the batter into the lined tin and bake for 40 minutes or until a knife or a skewer inserted through the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool in the tin for 10 minutes then turn onto a wire rack and allow it to cool completely before cutting it.
You can modify this recipe as per your taste because it has so much scope for tweaking. I know I will make more modifications 😀
Have it with your evening cuppa of tea or coffee or make it for a tea party, I am sure everyone will love it 🙂
Do share your experience 🙂