Jalapeños Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls
I am a sucker for snacks. I always look forward to evening snakcs. Since my childhood, the only time I used to wait for is evening snacks and like all mothers, my mother has spoilt me to the core. She used to make absolutely lip-smacking dishes for me in the evening and she still does that whenever I am at home with her. After marriage, it was really difficult for me to get used to the fact that I will have to cook my own evening snacks now onwards. Anyway, with time, I have gotten used to it and I have also learned to experiment and prepare new dishes. Of course, nothing beats mom’s food but it is just for me to keep my hunger in cotrol 😀
So, you will see many snack posts in the future. This post is about one of my favorite chili pepper, Jalapeño. This is an absolutely delicious, pop-in-your-mouth kind of appetizer/snack which goes brilliantly with an ice cold beer or margaritas 🙂 And one more thing, it is super easy and quick to make.
Serves approx 10-12
- Puff Pastry, ready made – 1 roll (you can also make it at home)
- Cream Cheese – 225 grams
- Green jalapenos, chopped (preferably bottled) – 1 tablespoon
- Red jalapenos, chopped – 1 tablespoon (you can either have 1tbsp each of green and red jalapenos or 2 tblsp of the same color)
- Sugar – 1/4 teaspoon
- Italian herbs (optional) – 1/2 teaspoon
- Preheat the oven to 374 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix chopped jalapenos (green and red), sugar and italian herbs (optinal) with the cream cheese in a bowl. Take fork and mash it well until everything is well blended and becomes a mixture.
- Roll out the puff pastry thinly.
- Place the jalapenos and cream mixtre in the middle of rolled out pastry and spread it evenly. Please note that the mixture should not touch the edges of the pastry.
- Once all the mixture is spread evenly, start rolling the pastry in the shape of a flute.
- Once rolled into a flute, cut small pieces of the flute so you get pinwheel shapes and place them in a dish.
- Bake these pinwheels for 12-13 mintues until they are golden brown and puffed up.
- And you have a perfect appetizer/snack for you 🙂
Just to make you aware that it will have a tangy taste because of the jalapenos so don’t worry if it tastes a bit tangy 🙂
Hope you enjoy it with the ice cold margarita as I did 🙂
Your suggestions are welcome 🙂
These look very tasty. I love snacks and appetisers. Can just make a meal on them.
April 7, 2013 at 22:37
Thank you Kcinaz 🙂 I hope you enjoy making them. Do share your experience 🙂
April 11, 2013 at 12:30
8 percent per year (using a portfolio of 30 magic formula stocks).
I guess I am sort of bias toward Boeing since he worked there prior to WW
II as a mechanic. A company that has its roots in most major
communities in America is Citigroup ticker symbol ‘C’.
June 24, 2014 at 23:19
An attempt to emulate the procured returns of some
of the top funds available today is the pure investment objective here and again in comparison with the Hedge
Funds that charge 2% operational and a variable 20% fees on profits, their ETF counterparts charges about 0.
In the short run, the market is a voting machine, but in the long run, it is a weighing
machine”. Analyze your SEO, Social Media and PR strategies against competitors’.
June 28, 2014 at 22:56
Some of Investment Underground’s notable work anticipated the departure of Avon CEO, Andrea Jung well beforehand.
As energy costs rise and technology increases solar panels will become more economical, but for now your best investment
isbecoming more efficient with the energy you already have.
Opening an account at your favorite brokerage firm is one way to do it but watch out for high transaction costs.
June 29, 2014 at 04:32