Tiramisù – Pick-me-up
Tiramisù is one of the first desserts that I tried my hand at. I have never had a sweet tooth, in fact there was a time when I used to hate anything sweet. But Tiramisù which literally translates to “pick-me-up“, made me fall in love with desserts so much that I decided to wear the apron and go about making it at home. To my utter surprise, it was fairly simple and I must have made it at least a dozen times. And the even bigger surprise was that everyone who tasted it seemed to love it. I use the following recipe which is a result of lot of tweaks and adjustments over time and I hope you like the result.
– 3 large eggs
– 250ml Marsala Wine (you can decrease or increase the amount of wine depending on your preference. You can also use any other dessert wine if you want but Marsala and Tiramisù are best friends)
– 250gms Mascarpone Cheese (you can use more if you want to make the layers richer)
– 8-9 teaspoons instant coffee granules (you can also use instant espresso granules to make it stronger/bitter)
– 3 tablespoons golden caster sugar (you can change it depending on the sweetness you would prefer)
– Sponge fingers/Savoiardi biscuits to cover the bowl at least twice. Preferred shape of the bowl is rectangular with a good depth.
– Cocoa Powder for dusting
– 4 pieces of grated 70% Dark Chocolate.
- Boil 150ml of water and add the coffee in it. Cool it down and add 200ml of your choice of wine as mentioned above.
- Separate egg whites and yolks, making sure that the bowl in which you will whisk the egg whites is absolutely clean and the whites do not have any traces of the yolk. Any impurities in the egg whites will cause problems while whisking.
- Add the caster sugar in the yolks and beat it till the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Add the Mascarpone cheese and remaining (50ml) wine in the yolk and beat it until its smooth.
- Beat the egg whites to form soft peaks and fold it gently into the Mascarpone cheese batter.
- Dip the sponge fingers in the coffee+wine mixture, a couple of seconds on each side and start layering your bowl with them.
- Once one layer is completed, cover it with the cheese+egg white batter. Grate some dark chocolate over this layer
- Repeat a layer of sponge fingers dipped in coffee+wine. And cover the sponger fingers with the remaining cheese+egg white batter.
- Grate the remaining dark chocolate on the top and keep it in the fridge overnight to set.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the cocoa powder.
I hope you like the flavors and enjoy making it as much as you will love eating it. I would be happy if you leave your feedback/suggestions.
Hello! This post couldn’t be written any better!
Reading through this post reminds me of my previous room mate!
He always kept chatting about this. I will
forward this page to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read.
Thanks for sharing!
July 23, 2014 at 22:43
Every weekend i used to pay a quick visit this web
site, because i want enjoyment, for the reason that this this web page conations actually
pleasant funny stuff too.
July 23, 2014 at 22:45
Highly descriptive post, I liked that bit.
Will there be a part 2?
July 25, 2014 at 08:06
It’s actually a cool and helpful piece of info. I am satisfied that you simply shared this useful info with us.
Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.
July 28, 2014 at 15:23
My family always say that I am killing my
time here at web, but I know I am getting familiarity daily by reading thes fastidious posts.
July 31, 2014 at 14:09
I do agree with all the concepts you have offered to your post.
They’re really convincing and can definitely work.
Still, the posts are very short for newbies. May you please prolong them a little from next time?
Thanks for the post.
September 4, 2014 at 09:27
It’s amazing designed for me to have a web page, which is helpful in favor of my
experience. thanks admin
September 8, 2014 at 18:10
May I simply say what a relief to find someone who really knows what they are discussing on the internet.
You definitely realize how to bring a problem to light and make it important.
More people really need to read this and understand this side of the story.
It’s surprising you aren’t more popular because you certainly have the gift.
October 5, 2014 at 22:32
Hi mates, how is everything, and what you would like to say about this article, in my view its in fact awesome in favor of
October 17, 2014 at 14:56
gucci outlet store locations 60657 gucci http://www.bathroomledmirror.com/search.asp xfubirid
January 27, 2015 at 17:05